Online Component (6 hours)
Polestar’s Gateway for Pilates Course is a fantastic opportunity to take your passion for Pilates one step further. Learn what is involved in teaching Pilates either to just enhance your own knowledge, or to use it to begin a career teaching Pilates.
Gain a deeper understanding of the Pilates method, learn selected Pilates mat exercises, and walk away with the practical skills to apply correct form and sequencing. Gateway will enhance your understanding of biomechanics and common movement pathologies to help keep your clients safe from injury.
- Insight into Polestar movement concepts & Pilates professional ethics.
- Learn to teach 18 original and preparatory Pilates mat exercises.
- Correctly identify the basic concepts applicable to each Pilates mat exercise.
- Understand the most common contraindications & precautions for the 18 exercises.
- Identify anatomical landmarks necessary for teaching Pilates.
- Ability to correct common faulty movement patterns
- Enhance your current repertoire within your scope of practice.
- Satisfy the prerequisite for Polestar Comprehensive training
- Health and fitness professionals wanting to complement their current practice with Pilates
- Pilates enthusiasts wishing wishing to deepen their Pilates experience and/or:
- Anyone taking a first step towards a career teaching Pilates
- A passion for Pilates
Your course begins with three hours of online training at home, and shifts into experiential labs for collaborative learning. You will learn a variety of mat exercises and sequences that you can immediately work into your exercise and rehab programs.
The online training is a requirement for all Gateway Pilates students. The online course consists of 3 lectures:
- Pilates History and Evolution
- Polestar Movement Principles
- Professional Ethics and Scope of Practice.
Each of these lectures is followed by a brief online quiz, which you must pass to progress to the next Gateway course module.
Polestar Pilates UK Ltd. Cancellation & Amendment Policy: More than 60 days prior to course start – full refund of all course fees, less £25 admin charge (unless retained as a credit against future purchases); 50% refund for 31-60 days’ notice; 30 days’ or less notice – no refund. We reserve the right to cancel any course, in which case the tuition will be refunded in full. Polestar Pilates UK Ltd. is not responsible for any participant’s hotel/airline reservations or transportation to and from a workshop in the event of cancellation.
This cost is comprised of £150 tuition fees and £99 for course materials (workbooks and manuals etc), inclusive of VAT.
Laminated practice cards
How your time is spent
Face-to-Face Training (16 Hours)
Self Mastery (4 hours)
Book Gateway Mat LondonBOOK NOW
More courses available now
31st Oct 2020 - 28th Feb 2021
31st Oct 2020 - 1st Nov 2020
8th Jan 2021 - 11th Jun 2021
9th Jan 2021 - 18th Apr 2021
22nd Jan 2021 - 4th Jul 2021
26th Mar 2021 - 6th Jun 2021
- Effective Cueing – Why Pilates Teachers Need To Mind Their Language
- Facts and Tips for Working Safely with Hypermobility
- If You Can’t Connect The Issues – Think Connective Tissues
- Katie Went From Unable To Run To Ultra Marathon