Online Component (6 hours)
Polestar’s Gateway for Pilates Course is a fantastic opportunity to take your passion for Pilates one step further. Learn what is involved in teaching Pilates either to just enhance your own knowledge, or to use it to begin a career teaching Pilates.
Gain a deeper understanding of the Pilates method, learn selected Pilates mat exercises, and walk away with the practical skills to apply correct form and sequencing. Gateway will enhance your understanding of biomechanics and common movement pathologies to help keep your clients safe from injury.
- Insight into Polestar movement concepts & Pilates professional ethics.
- Learn to teach 18 original and preparatory Pilates mat exercises.
- Correctly identify the basic concepts applicable to each Pilates mat exercise.
- Understand the most common contraindications & precautions for the 18 exercises.
- Identify anatomical landmarks necessary for teaching Pilates.
- Ability to correct common faulty movement patterns
- Enhance your current repertoire within your scope of practice.
- Satisfy the prerequisite for Polestar Comprehensive training
- Health and fitness professionals wanting to complement their current practice with Pilates
- Pilates enthusiasts wishing wishing to deepen their Pilates experience and/or:
- Anyone taking a first step towards a career teaching Pilates
- A passion for Pilates
Your course begins with three hours of online training at home, and shifts into experiential labs for collaborative learning. You will learn a variety of mat exercises and sequences that you can immediately work into your exercise and rehab programs.
The online training is a requirement for all Gateway Pilates students. The online course consists of 3 lectures:
- Pilates History and Evolution
- Polestar Movement Principles
- Professional Ethics and Scope of Practice.
Each of these lectures is followed by a brief online quiz, which you must pass to progress to the next Gateway course module.
Polestar Pilates UK Ltd. Cancellation & Amendment Policy: More than 60 days prior to course start – full refund of all course fees*; 50% refund for 31-60 days’ notice; 30 days’ or less notice – no refund.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any course or course module. Polestar Pilates UK Limited is not responsible for any participant’s hotel/airline reservations or transportation to and from a course in the event of cancellation of a course. *Refunds exclude online course costs of £99.00 which are non-refundable.
Laminated practice cards
How your time is spent
Face-to-Face Training (16 Hours)
Self Mastery (4 hours)
Book Gateway Mat LondonBOOK NOW
More courses available now
- Effective Cueing – Why Pilates Teachers Need To Mind Their Language
- Facts and Tips for Working Safely with Hypermobility
- If You Can’t Connect The Issues – Think Connective Tissues
- Katie Went From Unable To Run To Ultra Marathon